Webinar Duration: 60 minutes
RECORDED: Access recorded version only for one participant; unlimited viewing for 6 months (Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of payment)
SPEAKER: Danielle DeLucy MS
This webinar will provide you with the regulatory framework and recommended guidelines, risk assessment for biological materials, structure of a robust biosafety program and on how to train employees exposed to biological hazards.
Why should you Attend: This webinar will review how best to approach biosafety and implement an effective management program for blood borne infections, safety and health, laboratory safety, infectious material and blood infection.If you work in a laboratory exposed to viruses or bacteria that are biological hazards and are searching for a better way to manage your Biosafety program, this webinar will help give you the framework to set up a successful management policy.
Areas Covered in the Session:
– Review the regulations and guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for work with biological materials and, specifically, with blood borne pathogens
– Provide up to date information about what constitutes blood borne pathogens from infectious materials, as well as other potentially infectious materials
– The webinar provide answers about how to prevent exposures, deal with spills or exposures should they occur, and the how to recognize the hazards of blood borne pathogens
– A thorough description of the types of infections of concern for blood borne pathogens, how one might be exposed, the differences between blood born infections and other potentially infectious materials, methods for dealing with potential exposures or spills, and the requirements from OSHA to protect workers from exposure or to track exposures if they occur
Who Will Benefit:
– EHS Staff
– Occupational Health Staff
– Laboratory Staff
– Team Leads
– Business Owners
Danielle DeLucy MS, is owner of ASA Training and Consulting, LLC which provides Pharmaceutical and Biologics based companies with training and quality systems assistance in order to meet Regulatory compliance. Prior to this role, Danielle has been in the industry for 17 years serving in numerous Quality Management Roles, such as the Director of Product Quality, the oversight of Sterility Assurance practices and provided QA oversight of numerous filling and packaging operations. Danielle began her QA career as a Quality Control Pharmaceutical Microbiologist at a contract laboratory where she performed various tests for their clients. In the years after, she has held positions in the Quality management arena while increasing her responsibility. She has helped to lead many Regulatory Health Inspections and was instrumental in the coaching process of her peers prior to any inspection. Currently, Danielle assists companies who are faced with warning letters, consent decrees and those wishing to improve compliance establish more robust quality systems so that the company can succeed.