Post a mJob
Webinar Duration: 60 minutes
RECORDED: Access recorded version only for one participant; unlimited viewing for 6 months (Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of payment)
SPEAKER: Michael Abitz
Webinar participants will be presented with short history amateur radio’s development, it’s contribution to World War II, advancement of the technology, contribution to the science of worldwide communications and how it contributes to emergency communications when traditional phone and Internet operations are disrupted.
Why should you Attend: WHY: to provide reliable communications during communications outages.
FUD: is defined as a disinformation strategy (false information spread deliberately to deceive).
During natural disasters new media claim there is no communications with effected area.Hurricanes destroy a large area including power and communications,however, when storms pass Amateur Radio operators are first to operate using backup power and provide communications to hospitals, FEMA and SHARES.
Areas Covered in the Session:
– What is Amateur Radio (HAM Radio)
– American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
– ARRL Officers, Division Directors and Staff contacts
– New Federal Regulations Affect Healthcare Providers
– Role Amateur Radio has played in emergencies
– Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) effect on medical devices, backup generators
– Police, fire, ambulance: are local First Responders Ready for an EMP?
– Grid Down Scenarios, reliability of 911 system
– Solar effects on power grid
– Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES)
– Leveraging Amateur Radio Innovations for Disaster Medicine
– Sending email without using the Internet
– Next steps in emergency preparation
– How to obtain an Amateur Radio licenses
– Communications interoperability
Who Will Benefit:
– Senior Staff to Individual Contributors in any Organization
Dr. Michael Abitz is an Adjunct Professor at New Mexico Jr. College, Hobbs, NM. He received his Doctorate in Management from Colorado Technical University and Master of Science in Quality Assurance from California State University. He is a certified Six Sigma Quality Black Belt. His areas of interest include teaching online; providing training to pacific rim suppliers in accelerated life testing of communications, computer and digital storage products; mentoring organizations in problem solving and process improvement; and to date cost savings include $15.6M in addition to $14M in sales. Dr. Abitz’s experiences include: aerospace and computer industries where he developed and presented training in: Organizational Process Improvement, Six Sigma (35 classes) and Root Cause Failure Analysis to U.S. companies and Pacific Rim suppliers
Edit your job
Opening message is automatically displayed as your first message in the order detail page.
There are no extra services
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website.
Welcome to FarmavitaR+!
Registration is free. Register and post projects in few easy steps and start receiving proposals.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.