Webinar Duration: 60 minutes
RECORDED: Access recorded version only for one participant; unlimited viewing for 6 months (Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of payment)
SPEAKER: Edward Leigh
Learn what to say to patients – and what NEVER to say to patients! This high-energy interactive program will empower healthcare professionals with skills to dramatically improve the quality of interactions and enhance patient satisfaction. This will lead to improved compliance and a decreased risk of medical errors.
This workshop covers: opening/closing patient meetings, effective nonverbal and listening skills, top-notch interviewing skills, empathic responding and highly effective methods of educating patients with impact! Communicate your way to successful patient meetings. Be prepared for a content-rich and invigorating session!
Why should you Attend: Engaging patients is vital in today’s healthcare environment for multiple reasons, including:
– Improved patient satisfaction scores (leading to higher reimbursements)
– Decreased risk of medical errors (and the resulting possibility of medical malpractice)
– Positive comments on online business review sites, such as Yelp
– Glowing reviews on healthcare professional rating sites, such as Healthgrades
– Reduced risk of physician burnout (burnout leads to weakened patient care)
– Positive comments on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter
– Lowered risk of negative media exposure
– Improved “word of mouth” discussions with family members and friends
– Decreased risk of patients leaving your healthcare system / practice
Areas Covered in the Session:
– Demonstrate powerful interview openings & closings
– Apply empathic & caring behaviors to enhance trust with patients
– Apply top strategies to interview patients with impact
– Employ successful techniques for educating patients to verify understanding
Who Will Benefit:
– Hospital Administrators (including Medical Directors, Risk Management Professionals and Patient Experiences Officers)
– Medical Office Practice Managers
– Quality Control Professionals
– Legal Representatives of Healthcare Organizations
– Nursing Directors
– Any Administrative or Clinical Professional with Direct Patient Contact
Edward Leigh , MA, is the Founder & Director of The Center for Healthcare Communication. He is a national expert on raising patient satisfaction scores. he focuses on creating high-performing healthcare environments, primarily focusing on effective communication between colleagues and with patients. He presents high-energy and informative programs for hospitals, medical practices, healthcare associations, long-term care facilities, government organizations and universities.
He developed a powerful system to coach physicians and other healthcare professionals. The one-on-one coaching entails observing professionals interacting with patients. His consulting work involves reviewing every aspect of a patient’s care from admission to discharge. He is the Founder & Director of the Center for Healthcare Communication. He has a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Cleveland State University and a master’s degree in health education from Kent State University. Both universities honored him with distinguished alumni awards. In 2019, he will begin his doctoral studies in the area of patient engagement.
He recently completed the soon-to-be-published book, Engaging Your Patients. He also writes hundreds of articles, including his popular articles on the prestigious physician website, KevinMD. His expertise put him in the national spotlight through interviews on The Today Show, MSNBC News, The Discovery Health Channel and can currently be seen on The Oprah Winfrey Network. He has been interviewed by Montel Williams and Katie Couric.