Post a mJob
Webinar Duration: 75 minutes
RECORDED: Access recorded version only for one participant; unlimited viewing for 6 months (Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of payment)
SPEAKER: Steven S. Kuwahara
FDA issued a guidance document covering GMP requirements for Phase 1 products. These guidelines remove some of the problems that are encountered with early phase products and are in addition to those that cover the CMC sections for IND submissions at Phase 1.
Although the guidance appears to remove the need to follow GMPs for Phase 1 products, the need to follow GMPs is still present in the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. Thus the nature and extent of GMP-related activities will depend upon the nature of the investigational drug and the extent of the study that is planned.
Areas Covered in the Session:
– Discussion of the elements found in the guidance document for Phase 1 material.
– What to do at really early stages.
– What about special IND studies?
– What about preclinical studies?
– Varying GMP activities that depend upon the nature of the IND product.
– What are the requirements for the GMP found in the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act?
– What to do about QC activities such as instrument qualification, method validation, and process validation.
Who Will Benefit:
– Regulatory Affairs personnel who coordinate activities for the CMC sections of submissions.
– QA/QC personnel who need to plan work on early stage material
– R & D personnel who will contribute data to CMC sections.
– Project managers for product development studies.
– Quality systems auditors
Steven S. Kuwahara , Ph.D. is the founder and Principal of GXP BioTechnology LLC, a consulting firm that works in the areas covered by the GLP and GMP of drugs, biologics, and nutraceuticals. Steve has over 30 years of experience in supervising quality control laboratories, including an animal testing facility, and in performing GLP and GMP audits of internal and external testing laboratories . Steve has participated in the development of drugs and biologicals through all phases of clinical research and final product production.
Edit your job
Opening message is automatically displayed as your first message in the order detail page.
There are no extra services
Welcome to FarmavitaR+!
Registration is free. Register and post projects in few easy steps and start receiving proposals.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.