Webinar Duration: 60 minutes
RECORDED: Access recorded version only for one participant; unlimited viewing for 6 months (Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of payment)
SPEAKER: Joseph Wolfe
In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law, including its recent changes. He will also discuss best practices for negotiating and drafting administrative arrangements on behalf of health systems, hospitals, medical groups and physician practices. The webinar will focus on regulatory requirements, key provisions, valuation considerations and potential pitfalls that should be avoided.
Why should you Attend: As health care organizations and physicians develop administrative arrangements, they must manage their compliance and enterprise risk by ensuring any new arrangements are defensible under the Stark Law. Prior to moving forward with any arrangement, the parties should carefully evaluate whether the proposed structure and financial terms support compliance with Stark’s technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility so they will be prepared to mount a defense in the event the arrangement is ever challenged. This webinar will focus on the Stark Law’s underlying technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility as they apply to medical director and administrative arrangements.
Areas Covered in the Session:
– Provide a General Stark Law overview
– Examine Critical Regulatory requirements related to medical Director and Administrative Arrangements
– Discuss best Practices for drafting medical Director and Administrative agreements and the Related Financial terms
– Describe best practices for Auditing medical Director and Administrative Agreements
– Review processes for Documenting Fair Market value and Commercial Reasonableness
– Discuss best practices for Auditing Existing Arrangements and Potential Pitfalls
Who Will Benefit:
– In-House Counsel
– Health Care Compliance Officers
– Health Care Human Resources
– Health Care CFOs
– Health Care Executives
Joseph Wolfe is an attorney with Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the largest health care focused law firm in the country. Mr. Wolfe provides advice and counsel to some of the nation’s largest health systems, hospitals and medical groups on a variety of health care issues. He regularly counsels clients on a national basis regarding compliance-focused physician compensation and alignment strategies. He is a frequent speaker on issues related to the physician self-referral statute (Stark Law), hospital-physician transactions, physician compensation governance and health care valuation issues. Before attending law school at the University of Wisconsin, he served as a combat engineer in the United States Army.