Post a mJob
Webinar Duration: 60 minutes
RECORDED: Access recorded version only for one participant; unlimited viewing for 6 months (Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of payment)
SPEAKER: Greg Martin
This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the regulatory expectations for controlling impurities and degradants (including DNA reactive/potential genotoxic impurities) in drug substances and drug products. There will be ample opportunity to discuss questions and challenges from the participants.
Why should you Attend: Upon completion of this course the learner should be able to:
– Understand regulatory expectations regarding impurities, degradants and potential genotoxic impurities in pharmaceuticals
– Understand what specifications will conform to regulatory expectations
– Develop an process for reporting impurities and addressing OOS situations
Areas Covered in the Session:
– Landscape of impurities requiring control in pharmaceutical products
– General impurities: elemental impurities, residual solvents, microbiological
– Drug-related impurities process impurities, degradants, potentially genotoxic impurities
– Process Impurities
– Understanding ICH Q3A
– Where impurities originate
– How impurities are characterized
– How specifications are developed
– How impurities should be reported
– Understanding ICH Q3B
– Where degradants originate
– How degradants are characterized
– Potential genotoxic impurities
– How specifications are developed
– How degradants should be reported
– Questions and discussion
Who Will Benefit:
– Quality Engineers
– Manufacturing Engineers
– Internal Auditors
– Quality Specialists
– Quality Associates
– Operations and Manufacturing Managers
– Process Engineers
Greg Martin is President of Complectors Consulting (www.complectors.com) which provides consulting and training in the area of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry. Mr. Martin has over 25 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry and was Director of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry (R&D) for a major Pharma company for a number of years. In addition, he has volunteered for the USP for over 10 years, and currently serves on the General Chapters – Chemical Analysis Expert Committee, and serves on Expert Panels on Validation and Verification, Residual Solvents and Use of Enzymes for Dissolution Testing of Gelatin Capsules.
He has particular interest in QbD/Lean approaches to dissolution testing, impurity methods, method lifecycle (development/validation/transfer) and instrument qualification, and is passionate about using good science and sound logic to achieve high quality results, consistent with cGMPs, while minimizing resources. Mr. Martin is author of several papers in the areas of dissolution and analytical method validation, and is past chair of the AAPS In Vitro Release and Dissolution Testing Focus Group.
Edit your job
Opening message is automatically displayed as your first message in the order detail page.
There are no extra services
Welcome to FarmavitaR+!
Registration is free. Register and post projects in few easy steps and start receiving proposals.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.